- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 a cinnamon stick
- Several drops of lemon oil/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream mixed with 1 teaspoon sugar
Ricotta Pancakes – Not a Speck of Wheat
- 4 eggs
- A 15 oz. container of ricotta (whole or skim)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons rice flour
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1.4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons canola or sunflower oil
Place the berries, 1/2 cup of turbinado sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon in a small sauce pan and cook over low heat until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl blend ricotta, eggs, 1/4 cup turbinado sugar, 1 tablespoon of oil, almond and rice flour. The batter will be supple, glossy and creamy.
Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the other tablespoon of oil to the pan. Pour approximately a 1/2 cup batter for each pancake and evenly space them across the pan. Set your timer for 4 minutes. Wait to flip each pancake until after you see small bubbles on the top of the pancake and the surface appears to be drying. Cook another minute or two on the other side.
Serve decorated with berry coulis and slightly sweetened sour cream. Enjoy!